TAKE TIME this week with Twisted Time co-founder Kelsey Moore:
(image: Nuala Swan)
1. Tell us a bit about yourself and your role at TwistedTime.com ?
I studied Makeup Artistry in Vancouver Canada and I have many years experience in fashion retail and working as a freelance makeup artist. I now devote my time to help run Twisted Time with my husband Alan. I look after the customer service side of the company along with managing stock and liaising with our brands and fulfilment center.
2. How would you describe a typical day in your life?
My daily routine varies but would normally consist of managing stock, answering customer queries, researching up and coming brands, keeping on top of deliveries.
3. Did you ever imagine managing your own company with your husband?
To be honest no it had never really crossed my mind. When Alan started Twisted Time as a side project while we were living in the Caribbean I was 100% for the idea and wanted it to take off but I didn’t think too much into it. It was such a gradual succession and we have always taken things one day at a time.
4. How do you balance home life with business life? Is it easy to separate the two?
Well business life will always spill into home life to be honest. I think we are pretty good at balancing both though.
5. Away from the business how do you like to spend personal time? Any favourite haunts, activities or hobbies?
I really enjoy running. We have many beautiful parks dotted around where we live so I try to get a few good runs in every week. I have a slight obsession for vintage clothing and antique furniture. I enjoy having a rummage through the local charity shops every so often. I also enjoy spoiling our two dogs Winnie and Rosie.
6. Are you wearing a watch today? If so describe the timepiece and why you choose it?
I am wearing a Mondaine Evo Petite that Alan treated me to last Valentines day. The brand is designed after the Swiss railway clock. I like it’s simplistic, understated and iconic design.
7. What do you see for the future of Twisted Time?
I am a firm believer in taking it one day at a time but as far as the future for Twisted Time, we plan to continue to set ourselves apart from other watch retailers by doing what we do best and unearthing the latest and greatest brands. After the success of our first bricks and mortar retail store at BOXPARK we are thinking of possibly expanding to further locations.